Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Zeef goes zen

I have been under a lot of strain lately from school, R.B.A , the MOE interviews and the medical check ups. And frankly, it's been eating me away.

Musa the person in charge of the new pilot candidates is a tight-ass. He constantly puts us in the pressure pot. And would lay any of us off in a heartbeat if he deems so. Despite what people and myself have been saying, I am not 100% guaranteed that I am going to be sent for flight training. I still have to make myself worthy for MOE and pass all my medicals and keep Mr.Musa happy.

Which leaves me thinking, what if I don't get this scholarship? Will it be the end for me? No, a thousand times no. My friends have hyped up the news that I got the scholarship considerably. Which makes me a bit uneasy, I don't like to disappoint anyone. IF I don't get this scholarship, I will just continue my A-levels and achieve good results, making my options wider. Who knows, not getting it may be the best thing that will happen to me. A stumble may prevent a fall. When one door closes, many more will always open.

Will I be disappointed with myself? Again NO. If I am not pleased with myself, but should wish to be other than I am, why should I think highly of the influences which have made me what I am? Every ordeal happens for a reason. To make you stronger. I have learned quite a lot from Musa and for that I am grateful. I am a better person because of him. That alone makes this whole experience worthwhile. Scholarship or no scholarship, thank you MR Musa.

Got rejected from a scholarship? It's not the end of the world. Don't go for some other scholarship you don't really want out of desperation. I know I know, when the pain is great enough, we will let anyone play doctor. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Rejection hurts a lot and no deep wound leave no scars. So after some time, take a quick look at your scars and remember what you've learned. They are not things to be ashamed of, because they show your worth as a person. Just remember that whatever is done, is done. A thousand men can't undress a naked man. Just.move.on.


No comments: